New In – Alexander Wang Emile Tote

If I see a bag I’m thinking about buying, I get into this habit of googling a million pictures of the bag. I find this therapeutic for three reasons:

1) I see the bag on hot chicks who make the bag look amazing and this reassures me that I’m making the absolute right decision (if it’s good enough for them it’s good enough for me, right?);
2)  It gives me an idea of what to wear the bag with; and
3) I’m not the only one spending hard earned money on this bag!

This bag looks oh so cool – for me, it’s this cool factor that immediately identifies it as an A Wang creation. I think I’m getting back into black!

This is how I’ve been wearing Emile to work:

Elle

TumblrWordPressEmailShare
This entry was posted in New In and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

21 Responses to New In – Alexander Wang Emile Tote

1. Tash says:

the bag looks great on you Elle. I totally do the same thing when I set my eyes on any bags. I would google the images of the bag on other girls around globe to justify my purchase and have a sense of how it would look with the outfits I’ve got. This bag reminds me of the Givenchy Nightingale for some reason! Going to add that to my christmas wish list~

• MelElle says:

Hi Tash! I’m glad I’m not the only one who’s always obsessively googling pictures!=) ohhh…I loveeeee the Givenchy Nightingale although I think the Nightingale is slightly slouchier than the Emile. The Emile is quite structured. I really shouldn’t add anything else to my Xmas wishlist!! hehe =)

• Tash says:

Guilty enough I bought the bag too Elle!! I saw it on sale and I couldn’t resist! :D Its only the light gray on sale hence I bought it straight away without thinking. I hope its not an impulse buy hehe

• MelElle says:

Hey tash!! You wont regret it i love the bag! If i have to mention negatives it would just be the weight but even then its not the heaviest bag i own..i also hardly ever zip the bag as i find the zip abit hard to pull! Otherwise im really really happy with everything else! :)
          Elle xoxo

• Tash says:

Got my bag on Tuesday! It feels heavy but I haven’t paid that much attention to the zip..probably cos I was overwhelmed :D Though I have to say that the colour is not as light as shown on the website but still a unique colour to have in my collection :D

2. Jess says:

I love the cool and at the same time chic look of the Emile Tote. However I’m not sure, if I can wear it due to its’ vertical shape, as I’m not the tallest girl with 163 cm.

What do you think? Will this bag be a little too overwhelming on a girl with no topmodel sizes? ;)

I have really been on the lookout for THE perfect black leather bag to carry around as my everyday bag (preferrably with shoulder straps) – do you have some suggestions? Hope to hear from you! Thanks in advance!

• MelElle says:

Hi Jess! I’m only 161cm and quite petite too! I don’t think the bag is too overwhelming on me (Here’s a photo of me with the bag) but like you I’m also used to smaller sized bags. The Emile is probably as big as I would go. 3 black leather bags I have in mind with shoulder straps are:
      1) Miu Miu Madras
      2) Prada Saffiano Lux Tote
      3) Balenciaga city
      Hope this helps! =)

• Jess says:

Thank you so much for getting back to me!
        I already have the Prada Saffiano Lux Tote in black, but it is not so much an everyday to-go bag in my opinion…

I think the A. Wang Emile Tote isntantly adds some edge to the outfit, which I really love!

Hope I can find this bag soon, as it seems to be sold out everywhere. Did you get it online? If so, from which online store?

3. Jennifer says:

LOVE the bag (and even more – the outfit posts!) I actually do the same thing. And it was your outfit posts that convinced me to buy the YSL Belle de jour clutch! And I love it sooo much! Your blog is the best around!
    Love,
    Jennifer, Denmark

• MelElle says:

Aww..Thank you Jennifer. You are too kind. I quite love the Emile too! I haven’t been able to put it down since I bought it! I’m a sucker for rose goldware! =) Great buy with the YSL Clutch it is such a versatile item! Love your website too, your jewelry are lovely! =)
      xoxoElle

4. Nic says:

Great bag! Can I ask where you purchased it from? :)

5. Anna says:

Hi Mel, is this the Small Emile or the tote? Thanks.

6. Fiona says:

Hi Mel! Same question as Anna … is this the small or large? I think this size is perfect but all the pics on the website look so similar …

7. bobo says:

hiii is that the normal size tote or the small one? i found out that it has 2 sizes.. which one is yours :D

8. Zhaoru Lin says:

The one you have is large or small?